UMC has rich experience of integrating urban planning with improved urban management. The organization helps local government bodies to create and update their base maps with Geographical Information System (GIS) and the accompanying tools and to use these spatial plans for improved decision making. The organization helps cities prepare long term strategic plans for overall development and growth of a city through consultative processes. UMC also assists local governments to use GIS as a tool to identify and analyze priority areas, view spatial data, monitor and track development, perform detailed analysis and provide reliable information.
- UMC/ICMA updated CAD maps for Cuddalore and Nagapattinam municipalities, Tamil Nadu as part of its Post-Tsunami Reconstruction CityLinks Program
- UMC prepared base maps for 8 provincial capital cities and Strategic Municipal Action Plans of AMSP’s priority cities for the Afghan Municipal Strengthening Program
- UMC has worked hands on with Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation to identify data on the existing urban health infrastructure
- Documented more than 4,000 heritage properties in Surat and Rander as part of a study of heritage properties of Surat
- UMC is preparing a City Sanitation Plan for city of Ahmedabad, India where all waste-water and sanitation aspects are being analyzed on a GIS platform